Thursday, July 26, 2012

Recipe Wednesday: Hummus Salad Recipe

So I skipped Breakfast again today! I know, I know...it is the most important meal of the day!
As you can imagine, I was pretty hungry by lunch time, and I knew I needed something filling.

I came up with a pretty tasty recipe, its like chicken salad but way better for you...its healthy, natural, vegetarian & vegan! For this recipe, you can use nay flavor of hummus, and any veggies you like to eat with it. Just dice them up & mix with a few tablespoons of hummus.

Great for wraps, pita pockets, lettuce wraps, salad, or with crackers!
This lunch is UNDER 300 CALORIES! (subtract 100 calories if you plan on ditching the bread!)

SkinnyEverAfter's Hummus Salad
 (1-2 servings) 
• 1/4 cup chopped Broccoli
• 1/4 cup chopped Carrots
• 1/4 cup chopped Sugar Snap Peas
• 1/4 cup chopped red & yellow Sweet Peppers      (mini salad peppers)
 • 2 tablespoons of chopped Green Onion
• 2 tablespoons of Lightly Salted
  Sunflower Seeds
• 2 tablespoons of Hummus
  (I used Sabre Zesty Lemon)








 Mix Hummus & Veggies together in bowl.

  

Stuff in the sandwich pocket
OR fill middle of Romaine Lettuce leaf.


Hope you enjoy this recipe!  xoxo




UPDATE 8/1/12: I am LOVING this recipe, and have been eating it every day on a Romaine Lettuce Leaf. YUM!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment