Monday, July 30, 2012

Food Lab Friday: Collard Green Chips

Forget Kale chips! (not really, at least until you try my Collard Green Chips!)

Don't get me wrong, I love Kale Chips, but I could never get them just right, and to me they weren't as chip-like as I'd hoped for. My local market had a sale on the pre-washed & cut Collard Greens for $1 a bag!!!! (a huge bag!!!!!!)

And right there in the middle of the market, I birthed the idea of Collard Green Chips...


Preheat the oven @375 (or 350 depending on your oven.)
Place Collards on a baking sheet
Spray with Organic Olive Oil Spray
Sprinkle with some salt (or garlic salt, or mrs. dash)
Bake for 4-6 minutes (depending on how many you are making, I advise to start checking on them at 3 minutes....and every minute after that until they look crispy. Take one out and try it if you have too.

But I promise, once you get it just right you will be in crispy-crunchy heaven! :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment